Keep Pets Away It will remain on the grass blades until the next time you water the lawn, which should be between 24 and 48 hours following the application of the product. Be sure to examine the label for any instructions or cautions that it may include. Pets shouldn’t be permitted on the lawn in the time between the first and second waterings since the grass needs to recover.
Is Scotts Turf Builder with weed control safe for pets?
- When applied in accordance with the directions on the product label, Scotts Turf Builder Weed and Feed 3 is completely safe for use around animals.
- During the time that you are administering the product, it is imperative that no animals be present in the area.
- After the treated areas have completely dried up, your pet can return to regular activities within the area, and it will no longer be dangerous for them to chew or consume the grass.
Can you use weed and feed around dogs?
As long as dogs and cats are kept away from the product while it is being sprayed and while it is drying, it will be completely safe for them to use. When the temperature is normal, it takes around half a day to complete. It is a considerably longer amount of time for the animals whose diet consists primarily of grass.
How long after fertilizing can I let my dog out?
Dogs and other domesticated animals, much like children, find great satisfaction in running and playing in the grass. However, after fertilizing the grass, it is recommended practice to restrict their usage of the lawn for a period of between 24 and 72 hours.
Is Scotts Turf Builder Southern lawn food safe for pets?
- The Scotts Turf Builder fertilizer is completely safe for use around pets.
- Spreading Scotts Turf Builder on your grass won’t put your dog, any of your other pets, or any of your family members in danger as long as you follow the application instructions on the package.
- Products designed solely for use as fertilizer, such as Turf Builder, include non-toxic ingredients that do not pose a threat to your pet.
How long before dogs can go on lawn after weed killer?
A good rule of thumb is to keep the pet off the grass for a period of twenty-four hours after an application has been made. Many of these treatments are rendered ineffective when exposed to water; thus, if you want to be absolutely certain, you should water your grass the following day before letting your dog back outside.
Can pets walk on weed and feed?
A lawn that has been treated with weed and feed should not be accessible to pets until after the treatment has been given sufficient time to take effect and has subsequently been watered into the soil.
How long does it take for weed and feed to dry?
The amount of time it takes to dry can range anywhere from a few hours to a whole day, depending on the relative humidity and other aspects of the surrounding environment. Waiting between 24 and 48 hours is recommended by firms who sell lawn care products and services.
Is Scotts fertilizer bad for dogs?
Lawns that have been treated with Scotts are completely safe for pets to walk on. The Scotts Miracle-Gro corporation is responsible for the production of a variety of well-known fertilizer products, including those belonging to the Turf Builder range of lawn fertilizers.
What happens if my dog sniffs fertilizer?
- Burns on the skin and ulcers in the digestive tract are two of the side effects that can result from exposure to fertilizers, along with nausea and difficulty breathing.
- Take your dog to the doctor as soon as possible if you have any reason to believe that it has consumed fertilizer or if you have used the product in your garden within the past few weeks and your dog is exhibiting signs of illness.