Yes. In the state of Arizona, the purchase, possession, and use of marijuana for recreational purposes will be legal for people aged 21 and older on November 30, 2020. I do not call Arizona home; I live somewhere. Can I buy marijuana?
When can people legally buy recreational marijuana in Arizona?
- When will recreational marijuana be available for purchase legally in Arizona?
- Once dispensaries are granted licenses to sell recreational marijuana by the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), which is expected to occur in March of 2021, they will be allowed to legally sell marijuana to adults.
- According to another provision of the new law, medical marijuana shops can start selling the drug as early as April 5, 2021.
What is the legal age to smoke weed in Arizona?
This is your guide on marijuana use for recreational purposes in the state of Arizona, appropriate for novice and seasoned stoners alike. Marijuana was approved for recreational use by an overwhelming majority of voters in Arizona in 2018, making it possible for anybody over the age of 21 to use it legally for the first time.
When can people legally buy cannabis in Arizona via prop 207?
When will Prop 207 make it possible for anyone in Arizona to buy cannabis legally? On November 3, 2020, voters in Arizona approved Proposition 207, also known as the Smart and Safe Arizona Act (SSAA), by a margin of 60 percent to 40 percent. This would allow the state to legalize and regulate recreational marijuana use for adults over the age of 21.
Is it legal to buy pot in Arizona without a card?
- Not quite yet.
- The Arizona Department of Health Services is still in the process of approving dispensaries to transition from selling only medical marijuana to also selling marijuana for recreational use.
- Until this process is complete, customers still need a medical marijuana card in order to purchase medicinal marijuana.
- Up until that point, there is technically no way to purchase marijuana in a legal manner.