How to Implement the Sea of Green Method – In a few simple steps, you can begin growing in a Sea of Green, but you need first consider the following:
- Since you will be planting plants close together, the SOG technique is most effective with more compact cannabis strains.
- To produce a uniform canopy, the cannabis plants should all be of same height. We propose obtaining your starting plants using cutting propagation or tissue culture techniques.
Flowering picture of a Sea of Green Now that you’ve selected the plants you wish to cultivate, it’s time to start cultivating using these general guidelines:
- Once your cannabis seedlings are ready, move them into the vegetative stage for two to three weeks as opposed to the two to six weeks required by other techniques.
- After two to three weeks, you may alter the lighting and setting for the blossoming phase.
- As the canopy closes, lower branches can be pruned for improved ventilation and top growth.
- When you’re pleased with the outcomes, you should harvest.
Image of LED lights against a sea of green It appears straightforward, correct? It is true for the most part. The challenge arises when adjusting environmental conditions and genetics to increase floral output. Fortunately, we have the illumination aspect of the equation covered:
- Start cannabis clones with 150-200 micromoles of light and gradually increase to 550 micromoles throughout the vegetative stage.
- For the course of the vegetative cycle, adjust your lights to a vegetative setting (18 hours on, 12 hours off).
- Plan to gradually convert your plants from the vegetative to blooming stages by increasing the micromole range from 550 to 800 or higher. In general, greater light means a higher yield per square foot of Sea of Green, with 1% light equivalent to 1% yield up to a certain threshold.
- Adjust your lighting to be on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours.12 hours of lighting will stimulate the blossoming phase
When moving between development phases, you may automatically alter the illumination intensity by using specialist grow light software. Image illustrating the lighting setup for a SOG grow When setting up your grow chamber, consider the following SOG environment tips:
- Up to 1500 ppm CO2 enrichment throughout the vegetative and blooming phases will be beneficial.
- Vapor pressure deficit is a useful statistic for adjusting temperature and relative humidity.
- Reduce humidity during the transition to blooming to avoid the spread of illness.
Use the SOG growth instructions below to set your grow room’s illumination, temperature, humidity, VPD, and CO2 levels just correct and begin growing in no time. A comprehensive growth manual for the Sea of Green technique Before beginning your own Sea of Green, it is essential to check the municipal restrictions in your area.
How many plants can a square foot accommodate?
Next, let’s determine the number of seeds to plant: – If you want to begin planting immediately, you may use the basic plant spacing chart below, but if you want to know how we determined the plant spacing measures, keep reading! We will do a little bit of arithmetic.
- Don’t worry! We assure that it is quite simple.
- Locate the seed spacing number on the back of the seed packet in Step 1.
- For this example, we will utilize a 3-inch seed spacing) Step 2: Divide the width of your planting portion (about 12 inches) by the seed spacing distance of 3 inches.12 inches wide / 3 inches between seeds = 4 plants across Step three involves repeating step two throughout the length of the planting segment.
(Approximately 12 inches) 12 inches wide / 3 inches between seeds = 4 plants across Multiply your two solutions together in the fourth step.4 plants across times 4 plants across is 16 plants! Step 5: Commence planting! With seed/plant spacing requirements of 3 inches, you can cultivate 16 plants per square foot.
How many plants can an 8×8 grow tent accommodate?
Our 8×8 portable grow rooms can accommodate up to 24 medium to big plants or 30 little plants. Due to their enormous size, these grow tents require a spare room or garage for installation.
How many plants can grow in a 10×10 tent?
The 10′ x 10′ Indoor Grow Rooms can accommodate up to 32 medium-sized plants, or around 24 if you want them to grow larger than usual. The installation of these enormous grow tents will require an additional room or space in the garage.